Saturday, July 9, 2011

The Adventures of Huck Finn


The Adventures of Huck Finn- 1993, directed by Stephen Sommers, starring Elijah Wood, Renee O'Connor, Jason Robards, Ron Perlman, and Anne Heche
He says-  Utterly unimaginative rendering of Mark Twain's perennial, which should remain off-limits to Hollywood from this point on.  As Huck, young Wood looks and acts too contemporary by decades, while Vance (as Jim) seems too young.  Early scenes involving Huck's brutal father may be too intense for very young children....and this is a Disney release!  2 stars

I say-  This was an awkward movie.  I saw this in the theater with my dad when I was 10, and enjoyed it.  However, I completely agree with Maltin.  My biggest problem is that it feels uneven, and even though the soundtrack is great, the movie feels way too long.  1 star.

No comments:

Post a Comment