Friday, July 29, 2011

The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert


The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert- 1994, directed by Stephan Elliot, starring Terrence Stamp, Guy Pearce, and Hugo Weaving
He says-  Cheerfully outrageous comedy about three flamboyant lip-sync performers--two drag queens and a transsexual--who journey to a remote desert gig on a converted schoolbus named Priscilla. Diverting, if you can get past the bitchy banter, and anchored by Stamp as the transsexual.  A must for ABBA fans.  Oscar winner for Costume Design.  Later a stage musical.  3 stars.

I say-  I don't get the hoopla around this movie.  I know that a lot of people feel that this is the new Rocky Horror, but it doesn't have the same fun.  In some spots, frankly, it's really boring.  The costumes are great, as is the make-up, but other than a few funny parts, I found myself uninterested.  1 star

No comments:

Post a Comment