Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Santa Claus



Santa Claus- 1985, directed by Jeannot Szwarc, starring Dudley Moore, John Lithgow, David Huddleston, and Burgess Meredith

He says-  Story of how Santa came to be starts out so wonderfully- with eye-filling looks at his North Pole toy factory, reindeer, and sleigh- that it's too bad the rest of the film (with contemporary tale of humbug kid and greedy toy magnate) can't measure up.  Still entertaining, just a bit less magical than it should have been.  Referred to as Santa Claus: The Movie everywhere but on-screen.  2 and a half stars

I say-  Yes, it's August, but it's never too early for Santa Claus!  Dudley Moore was really not the star of this movie.  I agree with Maltin, that this movie loses steam midway through, but I was still entertained by it.  It felt a little dark in places, I think that this movie used to scare me when I was younger, so I never fully watched it until now.  2 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment