Saturday, February 12, 2011

Absolute Power


Absolute Power-1997, starring Clint Eastwood, Ed Harris, Gene Hackman, Laura Linney, and Dennis Haysbert.
He says- Aging thief pulls off one valedictory jewel heist, but along the way accidentally witnesses a sexual assault and murder involving none other than the President of the United States.  Barely credible (and fatally diluted) adaptation of David Baldacci's best-seller by William Goldman.  Eastwood and Harris play a fun game of cat and mouse, but Hackman is over the top and the whole thing runs aground in the second half.  2 stars.

I say- Man, this took a lot longer than usual for Netflix to send this to me.  And then I realized I actually watched this movie about a year ago.  I really did not like this one,  Clint Eastwood is one of the best directors around, and he normally does better than this.  He looks bored and all of the supporting actors are amazing, but in roles other than this movie.  Everyone seems clownish and I really think this was a paycheck movie for everyone involved.  One half of a star.

No comments:

Post a Comment