Saturday, February 12, 2011

Only the Lonely



Only the Lonely-1991, starring John Candy, Maureen O'Hara, Ally Sheedy, Anthony Quinn, Jim Belushi, and Macaulay Culkin
He says-  Chicago cop, who still lives with his mom, falls in love--and has to overcome his mother's resistance and his feelings of guilt over leaving her.  Sweet, sentimental update of Marty shines with performances that are right on target, including O'Hara's first since 1973's The Red Pony.  Three stars.

I say- I loved this movie!  I could not believe I have never seen this one before.  It really makes you miss John Candy.  This movie is incredibly sad, and makes you really feel for John Candy.  You can tell this is a Chris Columbus movie from the very beginning.  I read that when Maureen O'Hara arrived on set, she did not have a trailer.  Only John had one, for the studio could only afford one trailer.  John gave his to Maureen.  3 and a half stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment