Thursday, February 17, 2011

Absurdistan


Absurdistan- 2008, German/French, starring a bunch of people who's names you cannot pronounce
Maltin says-  Whimsical comic fable about a boy and girl from a remote Eastern European village who are destined to make love on a night when certain stars are in alignment.  Their plans are threatened when the community's water supply runs dry, and the women stage a sex strike against their lazy menfolk, who refuse to fix the problem.  Fanciful and lightly amusing, if not as good as the same filmmaker's Tuvalu.  2 and a half stars.

I say-  I saw this movie about a year ago or so.  I really enjoyed it, but knew where it was going from the beginning.  You see, I saw the trailer for this movie before a screening of "My name is Bruce," and it's a movie where if you see the trailer, you've seen the whole movie.  Good acting and story, if not a little far fetched.  2 and a half stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment