Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Addams Family



The Addams Family- 1991, starring Raul Julia, Anjelica Huston, Christopher Lloyd, and Christina Ricci

He says-  Piquant comedy based on Charles Addams' macabre cartoon family (later popularized on the same-named TV series), whose greedy lawyer tries to plunder their fortune by planting an impostor in the household who claims to be their long-lost Uncle Fester.  Huston and Julia are absolutely perfect as Morticia and Gomez, and maintain a light touch while dispensing their gleefully ghoulish black humor.  Impressive directorial debut for cinematographer Sonnenfeld.  Followed by 2 sequels.  3 stars.

I say- I forgot how awesome this movie looks and is acted.  I find the plot dreadful, but the acting and the photography to be astounding.  I haven't seen this since I was 10, and was really glad to rewatch this, and makes me remember how much I miss Raul Julia.  3 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment