Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Adoration

I've returned from my honeymoon, so get ready for more movies!  I'm changing one rule though, which is now, being that Sabata was before Adios Sabata, I will from the future, watch all movies in order and also remakes and other versions at once for comparison.  But we'll get to Sabata in the far future (I really hated it).  Netflix doesn't have The Adjuster, Admirable Chricton, or Adorable Julia, which brings me to


Adoration-2009, Directed by Atom Erogyan, starring a bunch of foreign actors I don't know.

He says-  After hearing his French teacher read an article about a man who sent his pregnant wife on a plane with a bomb, a student writes an essay imagining the man and the woman as his parents (who died some years ago) and presents it as the truth.  This initiates a multilevel series of conversations, confrontations, and revelations about terrorism, personal responsibility, and family dynamics.  Provocative at first, Egoyans puzzlelike story actually becomes less interesting as the pieces fit together.  2 stars.

I say- Ugh, starting my hiatus back with an unwatchable movie.  I'm not even going to waste my time with how boring this one was.  This movie was about a bomb, so I'm giving it a BOMB in return.

No comments:

Post a Comment