Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Trial and Error


Trial and Error-1997, Directed by Jonathan Lynn, starring Kramer, Jeff Daniels, Charlize Theron, Rip Torn, Alexandra Wentworth, and Stiffler's Mom

Malt says- When button-down lawyer Daniels can't appear in court (because of a bachelor party hangover), his best friend, wannabe actor Richards, tries to help by taking his place...but when the case is ordered to proceed, Richards has to keep up the ruse.  Smart, funny farce with terrific performances by the two leads and laugh-out-loud situations; Theron is adorable as the young woman who catches Daniels' eye- even though he's about to marry the boss' daughter.  3 stars

I say-  This was funnier now than I remembered it being when I was 14.  Totally watchable, not laugh out loud funny to me, but I was smiling.  Good afternoon movie when you don't want anything heavy.  2 and a half stars

No comments:

Post a Comment