Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Accidental Tourist



The Accidental Tourist-1988, starring William Hurt, Kathleen Turner, Geena Davis, Bill Pullman, and Ed Begley Jr.

He says-  Hurt gives an exquisite performance as a man shattered by the death of his son, who comes out of his shell when he meets a kooky, aggressive young woman (Oscar winner Davis) who couldn't be less his type.  Finely wrought, extremely faithful adaptation of Anne Tyler's novel dares to take its time; may be too slow and quiet for some viewers, but often many rewards.  3 stars.

I say- This was nominated for best picture?  Really?  And Geena Davis won an academy award for this?  It wasn't terrible, but it was INCREDIBLY slow, and I felt like the movie got lost in itself midway through.  I felt like William Hurt was so unlikable, I wanted everyone else around him to die as well so he could feel the misery I was going through watching this movie.  One star.

No comments:

Post a Comment