Thursday, March 24, 2011

Acros the Pacific


Across the Pacific-1942, starring Humphrey Bogart, Mary Astor, and Sydney Greenstreet

Malty says-Three Maltese Falcon leads reteamed for enjoyable WW2 adventure.  Bogart trails spies to Panama, has running battle of wits with Greenstreet, white romancing enticing Astor.  Despite title, the movie never gets to the pacific, much less across it.  Also shown in computer-colored version.  2 and a half stars.

I say- Who wants to watch a racist movie???  The comments made toward the Japanese really show the age of this movie.  Anyway, I was bored with this one.  I've yet to see the Maltese Falcon, but I have heard of it.  I feel that maybe they were trying to strike gold twice and the producers (and actors) failed miserably.  BOMB

No comments:

Post a Comment