Thursday, March 10, 2011

Ace Ventura: Pet Detective


Ace Ventura: Pet Detective-1994, starring Jim Carrey,  Courtney Cox, and Tone Loc.
He says-  Miami-based "pet detective" is hired to find the kidnapped mascot of the Dolphins football team.  No-brainer comedy/whodunit was the breakout role for Carrey, who mugs nonstop (and we mean nonstop).  Some good gags, but runs out of steam--which Carrey never does.  Real-life members of the Miami Dolphins appear.  A minute of new footage added for video.  Followed by a sequel, an animated TV series, and a dvd sequel.  2 stars.

I say-  I haven't seen this movie in 10-13 years easily.  I enjoyed it still, but not as much as I did when I was younger.  The problem with the film is two-fold: A) if Ace was a real person that I knew, I would be greatly annoyed by him (funny in a movie, terrible in real life), and B) the solution to the crime is unsolvable because the answer comes so far out of left field that Sherlock Holmes would be confused.  But still entertaining.  3 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment