Monday, March 14, 2011

Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls


Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls-1995, starring Jim Carrey and Tommy Davidson
He says: Sloppy assemblage of gags (with most of the good ones near the beginning) ostensibly about Ace's anti-p.c. hijinks with battling African tribes while trying to locate a rare white bat.  Clever opening spoof of Cliffhanger and a funny sight gag involving asparagus; otherwise, more of the same.  2 stars.

I say: I'm really conflicted by this one.  I preferred this one to the original when I was younger, but watching it again, I have to say the first is better.  The gags are much funnier in this one, however, the plot is really basic, and the mystery is very quickly solved for the viewer.  Ace also seems much more amplified in this one, but it's still enjoyable.  2 and a half stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment