Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Accused

So Netflix doesn't have "The Accompanist," or "The Accused," from 1948.  So we move onto:



The Accused: 1988, starring Kelly McGillis and Jodie Foster

Maltin says: Public prosecutor McGillis deals with a gang-rape case in cut-and-dried fashion, until the victim demands full retribution for what she has suffered.  Compelling drama inspired by a notorious real-life case and propelled by Foster's powerhouse, Oscar-winning performance as the provocative, foul-mouthed woman who gets her day in court.  Only quibble: was the climactic reenactment really necessary?  3 stars.

I say- I can see why Jodie Foster won an Academy award for this movie!  She was awesome.  My biggest problem with this movie though, is the fact that my fiancee watches Law and Order SVU, and I've seen this story told more times than I can remember.  I get that this was done first, but the fact that I knew every line before it was said detracted from the experience.  2 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment